We want to do all we can to make our church a safe place to be for everyone.
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people, victims and perpetrators of domestic abuse and vulnerable adults.
Our church council has adopted the Church of England’s policies and best practice on safeguarding. That means we are committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Church
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others
Who to contact
Our safeguarding officer is Sara King, who can be contacted by email or via the St Peter’s welcome desk.
St Peter’s is part of the Diocese of Chelmsford. You can contact the Diocesan Safeguarding team by email () or by phone (01245 294444).
Further information, including contact details for other Safeguarding charities and organisations, can be found on the Chelmsford Diocese Safeguarding website.